Are you honoring your body, heck are you honoring your health when you travel?
Hello sweet friends! Its the start of travel season, yay! There go our routines and health goals, ugh. Nope, not this time.
Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body. – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 AMPC
Why am I talking about honoring your body, honoring your health goals when we travel? – Body, Mind, Soul Fitness!
We spend a lot of time planning vacations, weekend getaways and even travel for work but do we plan for our own self-care? Do we continue to honor our bodies and our goals when we travel?
We surely can with a little creativity and a lot of grace.
Spring break, work trips, weekend getaways, whatever the reason for your travel you can stay in alignment with your health goals! Let's get creative and keep focused on all we can do.
Posted by Pure Grace with Mindi and Irina on Sunday, March 31, 2019
So what does all that look like?
It looks like showing up for yourself first. When you plan your trip, plan in the non-negotiable time for you. It may look a little different that it does at home but that’s okay!
While vacations and travel can feel like a time where you don’t have as much control over food , water, rest and movement, really they are the perfect time to get curious and imaginative.
Don’t worry, I am here to help. We’ll cover the basics: Body, Mind and Soul.
How can I keep in alignment with my goals and stick to my healthy routines?
- Bring a simple devotional or download the bible app on your phone
- Bring your walking/running shoes
- Do your best to wake up at your regular time so your body stays on its internal schedule
- Pack high nutrient snacks for the road, the plane, the hotel room
- Bring an empty water bottle for the plane and if you’re road tripping – bottles of water
- Walk/move as a family – on the beach, in the pool, exploring.
- Traveling for business – hit the fitness center for an incline walk, just 20 minutes will make all the difference
- Keep breathing, during meals, during those sometimes stressful travel moments
- Meditate – a vaca is an amazing time to teach your family the art of getting quiet for 5 minutes and sitting in gratitude
- Don’t automatically dis gas stations, Kwik Trip has a better selection than some grocery stores – I found organic fruits, veggies and eggs
- Focus on all you can do to honor your body, your health goals. Enjoy your travel and Be Do Have♥
The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually). – Numbers 6:24-26 AMPC
What do I do now?
If you are ready to embrace the best version of your life possible at home and when you travel , then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me about the important steps to take to make changes in your lifestyle that will help you CREATE your DREAM life! (One you wont even want to take a vacation from!)
I’m so excited to be launching the next 30 days of Body, Mind, Soul Fitness – Start living life by DESIGN not default.
This group starts April 14th and I will only have spots for 15 Ready to rewrite their story women! Decide today to invest your health – body, mind and soul♥
Love and peace and safe travels!
Life on Purpose Coach
Mindi Huebner is Co-Founder of Pure Grace, a Certified Health Coach, a work in progress, and a beloved child of God. Mindi is scandalously obsessed with leaving people and things better than she found them. 2019 is the year of living fearlessly, epically and totally by design. Join her for all things body, mind and soul on the blog♥