7 Awesome Ways to Stay Hydrated!
Tips for getting enough water in, what dehydration looks like and why we need to that H2O #BodyMindSoulFitness #LifeonPurpose
Posted by Pure Grace with Mindi and Irina on Friday, January 25, 2019
Mindi here to chat with you about the importance of staying hydrated AND to share 7 okay really 8 of my simple how-to tips for drinking more water every day!
But first, why am I talking about drinking more water anyway? Because Body, Mind, Soul Fitness!
Or didn’t you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body. – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 MSG
It is our privilege to love and worship God and to honor Him in all we do. Taking care of your physical body honors and glorifies Him. Water is ESSENTIAL in that care♥
Water is the fluid that lubricates our systems and keeps us healthy and vibrant.
Think of a riverbed in a drought when it’s all dried up and cracking, where the water is so sparse that there’s no life in it.
Now compare your body to that riverbed and imagine what you are doing to it by not staying hydrated with enough water. Yup, soon enough it too will dry up, crack up and become uninhabitable. Ugh. Also image your skin. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to invite wrinkles any sooner than they need to show up!
So before you get to that sad state, let’s talk about how you will know if you’re not drinking enough H2O!
What’s important about recognizing dehydration?
The usual side effects of dehydration are dry mouth and thirst. And you can also look out for other signs of mild to severe dehydration (in that order) such as:
- Low energy, fatigue and loss of muscle strength and endurance
- Hunger (oftentimes can mean you are just really thirsty)
- Headaches and decrease in memory and brain function
- Decrease or no output of urine or urine that is dark, strong smelling or burning
- Low blood pressure
- Tachycardia or rapid heart rate
How can I get more water in???
Simple! Try these 7, well really 8, tips for drinking more water:
- Drink 1 – 2 glasses (16oz each) of water first thing in the morning. I love warm water with fresh squeezed lemon and pink Himalayan salt.
- Keep a pitcher filled with filtered water for you to drink throughout the day in your fridge at home or on your desk at work.
- Drink water before, during and after exercise.
- Sip small amounts of water all day long.
- Keep your water bottle with you at ALL times.
- Add slices of fresh lemon, orange, cucumber or strawberry to your water or fresh mint or get a lil’ craz and add fresh ginger!
- Add Emergen-C to sparkling water for a fun twist on taste.
- Bonus – drink warm water in a mug for that cozy feeling; warm hands – warm heart!
First, go have a glass of water♥
And if you’re thirsty for more ways to stay hydrated in your busy life, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me, so you can feel energized, excited and inspired about your health.
I love sharing this promise from God with my clients:
I will always show you where to go. I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places—firm muscles, strong bones. You’ll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry. – Isaiah 58:11 MSG
To your health!
Mindi & Irina
Life on Purpose Coaches
Body, Mind, Soul Fitness
Want to jump start your Body, Mind, Soul Fitness? – click here for my free resource
(The above link will also pre-register you for the FREE Master Class – Kick Sugar to the Curb)
Mindi Huebner is Co-Founder of Pure Grace, a Certified Health Coach, a work in progress, and a beloved child of God. Mindi is scandalously obsessed with leaving people and things better than she found them. 2019 is the year of living fearlessly, epically and totally by design. Join her for all things body, mind and soul on the blog♥